Sunday 23 June 2013

Review: Final Destination 3 (2006)

Final Destination 3
IMDB rate: 5,7
Genre: Supernatural

I thought, since I watched Final Destination 1 and 2, why not watch 3 too! I will stop at 3, because I don't own 4 and 5 and they're not worth downloading. Maybe someday I'll buy them on DVD when they're cheap or something, or when they're on television, but until that day, this will be all ;).

It has been quite some time since I first saw this movie. I think it's the very first Final Destination that I ever saw, and I really liked it back then. But now, after seeing Final Destination 1 and 2 a day before, I don't like it that much anymore. The idea is not really original anymore and everything is quite standard and predictable.


When Wendy Christensen has a vision of an accident on the roller coaster, resulting in her and her friends' deaths, she instantly begins to panic, causing more of her friends to be left of the ride. The remaining friends including Wendy's boyfriend, are stuck on the roller coaster and find themselves involved in the accident. With death waiting around the corner, Wendy and Kevin must try and work out death's plan, before they and the remaining survivors end up dead.

I must say that watching these three movies in a row is quite boring. The setting is different but the story is exactly the same. When you watch these movies separately they are fun to watch, but in a row is just like watching the same movie over and over again. 

I must say that the acting in this movie was a lot better compared to the previous two movies. There were only two girls that were annoying but that also might have been the role that they played. I am a big fan of Mary Elizabeth Winstead, she's an amazing actress and also in this movie she's outstanding. The rest of the actors weren't that special, but I don't think this movie needs great acting. The storyline isn't very special but it is quite amusing when you're looking for a not-so-serious movie. 


The deaths in these movies are different. Most of them are way too far-fetched, but they're fun to watch. Final Destination is always filled with skull bashing objects and that never fails to amaze me. Even though it looks fake and is far-fetched, it's amusing.

A thing that started bothering me in this movie is the endless build up to the next kill. Somebody accidentally touches something, from that moment on it's 5-10 minutes of things that are falling or moving what will eventually lead to a persons dead. We know it, he or she will die. Don't waste movie time with showing the entire reaction of somebody touching an object. In the previous movies it was also there, but not that obvious and annoying. It's like they did not know what to do with the spare time, so they did this instead.


Even though it got a bit boring after watching three of the same sort of movies in a row, I don't dislike Final Destination 3. It's a fun movie to watch with an enjoyable story. It's always filled with gore and good images. I just recommend not watching all Final Destination movies in a row, because in that case, it gets boring. I liked this movie better than Final Destination 2, but it's in no way better than the first Final Destination.

My personal rate: 6,5/10

2 comments:

You might also like..