Saturday 31 August 2013

Review: Forget Me Not (2009)

Forget Me Not
IMDB rate: 5,0
Genre: Revenge, Supernatural

Once in a few weeks time I buy a random movie that can either suck or be great. Unfortunately, I'm mostly buying shitty movies such as Forget Me Not. Today was the first time I saw this movie and it's quite a waste of time to be honest. It was not the most terrible movie I've ever seen but it was kinda bad. 
I always enjoy watching one of these movies that I randomly bought because I'll have no idea what to expect, but most of the time I'm only disappointed afterwards. Of course there are also surprising movies between randomly bought movies, such as I Spit On Your Grave, a movie that I loved. 
I wish that I could put Forget Me Not on my Randomly-bought-good-movies list, but unfortunately that's not the case.


It's graduation weekend, and Sandy Channing, the popular class president of her small-town high school, should be enjoying the time of her life. But when her friends start disappearing, Sandy discovers they have unwittingly awakened the vengeful spirit of a girl they wronged long ago. Fighting for her sanity, Sandy must unlock a dark secret from her own past before it's too late.

The first thing that needs to be discussed is the acting: it's terrible. Carly Schroeder plays the main character Sandy in this movie and she's the one I'm most disappointed about. I loved her so much in the movie Mean Creek, and now she's just rubbish. The other actors too; just horrible. 

They are supposed to seem like a fun group of friends who have the best time ever, but all I can see is a huge group of very shallow and unfriendly people. They cheat, lie and call each other names the entire movie. The one is even a bigger slut than the other. Just horrible people, and for such a group of friends I can't even feel sorry for them when they are being slaughtered. 


The story is very weird, when you finally think you understand it, things are suddenly different and everything is because of some girl in a coma. Why is the girl in the coma doing this after such a long time? How is she even able to do that? The reasons given for this are so thinly explained.

I must say, the creatures might look weird but I can imagine that some people might be scared by them. I don't know what's up with their mouths and with all the duck-tape around their body but they look a bit scary that way, so apparently, weird mouths and duck-tape do the trick.


At first I thought this would be a reasonable movie, but the people in it are so terrible. Their characters and their acting. The story is not even terrible, but it's just so badly explained. I think the concept of this movie was okay, but I guess something went wrong when they started to make this movie. 
Forget Me Not is just a rubbish movie.

My personal rate: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..