Sunday 4 August 2013

Review: I Spit on Your Grave (2010)

I Spit on Your Grave
IMDB rate: 6,2
Genre: Torture, Revenge

I've never seen the original movie, Day of the Woman, but I actually quite liked this on. It's very brutal and isn't afraid to show some details. I think it resembles the movie The Last House on the Left a lot, but I Spit on Your Grave is even more brutal. It's definitely not a movie for everyone since it's very violent but it think there are quite some horror lovers out there that enjoyed watching this movie. I personally thought it was a very cool movie, the perfect revenge comes from an innocent girl and she really kicked her assaulters asses (sometimes literally). 


Writer Jennifer Hills takes a retreat from the city to a charming cabin in the woods to start on her next book. But Jennifer's presence in the small town attracts the attention of a few morally depraved locals who set out one night to teach this city girl a lesson. They break into her cabin to scare her. However, what starts out as terrifying acts of humiliation and intimidation, quickly and uncontrollably escalates into a night of psychical abuse and torturous assault. But before they can kill her, Jennifer sacrifices her broken and beaten body to a raging river that washes her away. As time passes, the men slowly stop searching for her body and try to go back to life as usual. But that isn't about to happen. Against all odds, Jennifer Hills survived her ordeal. Now, with hell bent vengeance, Jennifer's sole purpose is to turn the tables on these animals and to inflict them every horrifying and torturous moment they carried out on her... only much, much worse.

I really really enjoyed watching this movie. It was simply awesome because the girl was kick-ass. It was definitely not what I expected from it, since I expected that I bought another shit movie. But luckily, I was so wrong! I like seeing that a woman can defend herself, instead of always being the useless victim in a movie. She might have started as an useless victim but that changed a lot. 
I like that this movie is not afraid to show things. The girl is assaulted in many brutal ways and this is very much visible. Definitely not a movie for everybody. 


The thing what I liked most was the way she took her revenge. One called her a horse all the time, she let him be the horse. Another one never did anything and only watched, this time she let him watch. One is always busy with his appearance, and she makes his appearance very unflattering. And then the biggest revenge; ruining the life of an innocent girl, just like they did with her. Simply brilliant.

The acting is magnificent, very real and believable. I did think it was a bit strange seeing Daniel Franzese in a movie like this since I only know him as Damian in Mean Girls. Believe me when I say that this role is very different from that one! Not that that matters much, but it was just something I noticed.


I absolutely recommend watching I Spit on Your Grave. I think it was very surprising and absolutely not what I expected from it. It was brutal, sadistic and cruel. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Expect the worst from it, because that's what you will get. I do not recommend watching this movie for those with a weaker stomach. Or if you're not much into gore, blood and violence; do not watch this!

My personal rate: 7,5/10

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend the original which is a bit more gruesome in terms of rape-stuff, though the remake is definitely better and kicks more ass. The original's climax is a bit disappointing, but here it's just badass :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check it out when I find it somewhere! Thanks!

      Delete

You might also like..