Tuesday 1 October 2013

Review: From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)

From Dusk Till Dawn
IMDB rate: 7,2
Genre: Vampire

Yesterday I finally watched From Dusk Till Dawn. I've wanted to watch this movie for quite a long time already but for some reason I never finished watching it.
It's a really fun movie to watch. What I love most about it is that I can recognize Robert Rodriguez style in it.
Also, it's very cool to see all these familiar faces.


After a bank heist, brothers Richie and Seth Gecko plan to head to Mexico to evade arrest. At a motel, Richie kills their hostage and their journey hits a hard spot, but, just when things could have gotten worse, the Fuller family shows up. Seth takes them hostage and the five successfully cross the border. The five pull to a bar called "The Titty Twister", where Seth will meet his handler in the morning. When moon strikes, the stripper and workers turn into vampires and the survivors must soon fight for their lives.

I'm a massive fan of Robert Rodriguez, and again even in a fairly old movie, he does not disappoint me. I especially love him in collaboration with Quentin Tarantino, again, someone who I'm a massive fan of. This was the first time for me that I saw this movie and I loved it. The humor is good, the acting is amazing as always, and things just feel good. Even when the vampires look a bit fake, it does not matter with this movie simply because it's such a fun movie to watch. It's a movie that you can enjoy without thinking about it too much. And not to forget, Robert Rodriquez always has the best music in his movies.


Well, speaking of those vampires, they really don't look too good. I thought they resembled the vampires of Buffy the Vampire Slayer a lot, mixed in with the creepy girl/boy/demon from the last scene of [Rec]. It was very cool though to see Danny Trejo, Salma Hayek, Harvey Keitel and Quentin Tarantino as vampires. Very different look for them ;).

The acting is really good, but well, what can you expect when you have suck an amazing cast that includes George Clooney, Salma Hayek and Harvey Keitel? There was one person that I did not like a lot and that was Juliette Lewis. But to be honest, I just don't like her as an actress. In every movie she's kinda boring, even when she's trying not to be boring.


All together, I love From Dusk Till Dawn. The script is written excellent, with a darkly humorous undertone. As always in these movies, you will laugh at a lot of the lines. The acting is overall very good and the special effects are very good. Torn off limbs, blood splashing everywhere and a lot of other gore.

My personal rate: 8,5/10





1 comment:

  1. One of the best :D
    and Saviny's work really makes this movie stand out, can't believe you didn't see it sooner, but hey, first time for everything, right?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..