Friday 8 November 2013

Review: Victim (2010)

Victim
IMDB rate: 6,0
Genre: Torture, Revenge

I'm back again! Finally, a horror review again. You must have gotten tired of all these Lost reviews, or other TV show reviews. I'm not sure if I can keep up with watching horror movies though, because after next week my school schedules seems to be created in hell, so probably a lot less time. And I probably will be moving house, so again, a lot less time. But when I've moved I think I'll watch a lot more movies again, so we'll see what happens!
Enough about me, let's talk about Victim!
I've watched Victim on Netflix, it was one of those 'beautiful' things that Netflix recommended for me, so I thought I'd give it a go. 

We see a young man being kidnapped by a mysterious doctor and his brutal henchman. He is being tortured and treated in a very strange way. 

I think it's very difficult to rate Victim. It has some really weird points and some strong ones. Spoiler-- The guy is being tortured and imprisoned, also the doctor seems to give him hormones. He's slowly turning into a girl in the most literal way possible.

The doctor himself is a very weird dude with a strange voice, he reminded me a bit of the doctor of The Human Centipede, only less aggressive. His brutal henchman is a very mysterious fellow, he never talks or does anything else besides torturing the young man. We don't get to know anything about him, which is kinda sad I think.



The movie is set up quite good, we feel sorry for the young man, and we wonder why this is happening to him. But in the end the roles slowly seems to turn around. This was done in an excellent way, and personally I did not see this coming. 
I've read many times that people found this movie disturbing, but personally it did not do much to me. The torturing was very mild, and hardly shown. The young man seems hardly affected by this. I think it was mostly disturbing for the guys watching since there's a scene that reminded me a lot of a specific scene of Hard Candy. 

The acting was not very good. There was this typical police woman investigating all alone and of course she is being attacked and she can't defend herself because she's a bit dumb. Her role was very unnecessary and also very badly acted. 
Like I already said, the doctor had a very weird and annoying voice, his acting was decent but nothing special. 
The young man did not act very well I think, his voice sounded a bit fake and overall he seemed very weak. His character was a bit weird too because when you're being kidnapped and you're waking up in a cell, the first thing you ask won't be if you can get any water. That's just silly.
The one that acted best was the 'brutal henchman' George, but he did not say a word, so I don't think that his acting job was very difficult.

Overall, the movie wasn't very good, the acting was only decent and it didn't have anything special. The story was decent too, but what I did like was the sudden twist between good and evil. Or, the question what is good and what is evil. The turnaround of the bad guy was done very well but unfortunately that was the only good point. I think it's an average movie and I guess I'll agree with IMDB on the 6,0 rate.

My personal rate: 6,0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..