Thursday 9 October 2014

Small rant about Annabelle! (NOT A REVIEW)

When I first heard that there was a movie coming out about the creepy doll from The Conjuring I was very happy. Doll movies are my favorite since they scare the shit out of me. I haven't seen Annabelle yet at this point, and I'm starting to think I don't even want to see it.

Things that bother me terribly much is when movies are overhyped. The type where every billboard in your town shows the movie poster, every ad you see is about the movie and stuff like that. I thought The Conjuring was overhyped and indeed I did not like it very much, but now with Annabelle almost being released in cinema, I'm literally astonished with how much this movie is being overhyped.

For example: 

First of all, this amazingly scary video pops up on every IMDB page you go to. 



In the case you weren't freaked out enough yet, it plays another video on the side when the other one stops.




What I saw yesterday made me really worry about the quality of this movie, since I was on a website for World of Warcraft, and not one, not two, not even three images/videos popped up... but four! This wasn't even a movie website, which I would understand somewhat, this was a site about World of Warcraft, bugger off Annabelle!


Really people, don't you think one picture will promote the movie enough? The doll is scary enough already as it is, it will definitely stand out on a site for World of Warcraft. Anyway, I am scared this movie will be shit, since this is often the case with overhyped movies. I hope for the best, scared for the worst.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this movie yet, but from what i've heard, it's about a bunch of serial killers and the doll is just a setpiece of sorts, which is a real shame, bacause the real story it's based on (Yes, there is a really scary and very real story about a doll namned annabell) is actually very intresting, Here's a link to the story (Around 5:49) being told,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8_LGhoVViY
    it's a real shame if they decide on leavng the doll element and adding some home-invasion serial killers -_- hope i'm wrong

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..